Thursday, November 27, 2014

Give Thanks To The LORD




This morning as I sipped my coffee and pondered over the last year, I began to think of all the ways the Lord has blessed us and some of the things He has taught us.  

      *Four of our six children have made a verbal commitment to follow the Lord Jesus as their personal Savior.  I know they have a journey ahead of them but this is the most important decision they will ever make and we feel so blessed that they have chosen and taken this first step.

       *God really opened our eyes and our hearts to what true discipleship looks like.  We were blessed to have several young adults come into our lives and our home and we were able to pour into each other as we quietly walked this journey of life...together.

     *The Lord kept reminding me that unforgiveness leads to bitterness.  He also gave me the courage to seek out forgiveness and in the end my heart is now quiet and still and a relationship is being mended.  Praise be to Him who knows us so intimately and leads us to quiet waters even if we must first pass through a raging current.

     *The Lord has grown our house church over the past year.  Not only in numbers but mostly in intimacy.  We have never known this kind of true fellowship among believers as we are experiencing now with our dear brothers and sisters.  It is so good to come together and sharpen each other as iron sharpens iron. To feast upon the word and let it mirror in our own lives.  To be vulnerable and repent openly.  To hold one another in accountability.  True and genuine are the hearts of those we gather with weekly.

     *My husband and the way he boldly leads his family and how he washes us daily with the Word.  This has not always been the case for it is more difficult to hold an audience of toddlers.  But it is most beautiful to watch and to be apart of him reading and then confessing to his children and sharing what the Lord has done in his own life.  I am truly blessed and forever thankful.

     *Even though this is last on the list it is the most important one of all.  I am so thankful that I worship a God of transformation.  He never gave up on me, on those years of waywardness,  when I thought I knew what was best.  He knew He wasn't finished with that mound of clay.  And I praise Him even more that He still has me on the table and that His hands are around me, molding me into the person He thought of before the creation of the world.  

So today, with a full heart, I give thanks unto the Lord for He is GOOD, His Mercy endures FOREVER!!!

2 comments:

a.deb said...

Praise the Lord for His love does endure and His mercies are new each and every day! His banner is over you and your family and He is using you mightily for His plan and purpose. May the floodgate be opened to shower blessings upon you as you walk humbly and steadfastly in faith.
xo

Nortons said...

I love you and am so thankful for you and Jeff!