Winter seems to be the season for Hibernating and that is just what we have been doing. We have been moving at a slower pace and enjoying each other and new discoveries.
“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire. And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. For you will go out with joy and be led forth with peace; The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you, And all the trees of the field will clap their hands.” ~Isaiah 55:10-12
1 & 2. Jack creating with K'nex
3. Maddie and Sam playing on Starfall. This keeps them busy while the rest of us make new discoveries in science and history. They don't even realize they are learning too. :)
4. Sam takes a break from playing and pulls out a workbook from time to time to practice his letters.
5. Bailie made goo with the little ones.
6. Bailie making her stuffed crust pizza for our Friday pizza nights.
7. Lillie chopping vegetables for our salad bar. I find that the kids eat more salad when we present it this way. They each can choose their own toppings. :)
8. Lillie working on her All About Spelling. This is a very inexpensive multisensory reading/spelling program.
9. Jack working on his explode the code.
10. Bailie working on a research paper about the Atomic Bomb.
11. Children keeping themselves busy. :)
12. Rylie and Lillie observing the birds.
13. The four older children are creating their own bird books this year using a note-booking journal I found on CurrClick. They read about birds, observe them and then write down their discoveries and there is also room for drawings.
14. Rylie and Lillie rescuing 1 of 5 birds that found themselves stuck on our back porch.
15 & 16. Some of Bailie's most resent drawings.
17. Our newest visitor... meet Mrs. Flicker. She has a male friend that joins her at our back window. So fun!