Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Life is Found Only in Death

"Father, the time has come.  Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you."  John 17:16

Jesus knew that the very event for him to be glorified, which in-turned glorified the Father, was through His death and later his resurrection.


"I think of the end of His earthly life.  Jesus himself bends the knee in a garden and weeps His own song.  "Father, if it be your will, take this cup of suffering from me, but not my will but thy will be done." {Mark 14:36}  Why?  For the greater joy.  JOY now.  JOY forever.  Conceived in grateful humility, Jesus faces death in grateful humility."      Ann Voskamp

True joy is found only in the bending low and releasing my will; my expectations, my agenda, my life...and humbly receiving the will, the GIFT, of the Father for His name to be glorified.  True JOY!  Complete JOY!


"We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.  For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that His life may be revealed in our mortal body.  So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you."  2 Corinthians 4:10-12

"If we died with Him. we will also live with Him."  2 Timothy 2:11
Use me then, my Savior,
for whatever purposes, and in whatever you may require.
Here is my poor heart, an empty vessel; fill it with your grace.  ~D.L. Moody

  Today, I am thankful for my daily need to die to myself so that Christ may reign in me and through me.  For it is only through death that true life can be found.

No comments: