Saturday, May 18, 2013

My Special Gift

In our home we talk frequently about how God created each of us uniquely and for a certain purpose.  We often tell each other what we see as being a "special gift" God has given each of us.  For instance Rylie might say to Lillie, "Lillie, I think your special gift is loving and caring for animals."  or Bailie might say to Jack, "Jack, God has gifted you with being a prayer warrior."

Today, Jack told me my special gift.  "Mom, I think your special gift is making peanut butter and jelly toast.  You make the best peanut butter and jelly toast.  Do you think it's because you've been cooking for a long time?"



I am so glad that I know what my special gift is.  Thank you sweet Jack for speaking joy into my heart.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo sweet!! As Moms those are the moments we NEVER want to forget! Thanks for sharing, you have a sweet family.

the linen closet said...

That is such a wonderful idea to tell one another your special gift. It encourages families to look at the good and speak uplifting things about each other. Your kids are so wonderful too. :-) They have great parents who are leading them in the ways of the Lord! Love you guys.