Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Identity




"Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power and that he had come from God, and was returning to God; so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist."  John 13:3-4


Jesus knew His identity.  He came from the Father, had a mission and was returning to the Father.  He knew.  He trusted His Creator Father.  Because of his confidence in His Creator, it led him into humble and tender service in His final hours.


Where do I get my identity?  I've been pondering this question for a few days.  Is it from the girls on the play ground who called me names and never let me in their circle?  Is if from the boyfriend who broke the heart and I felt I would never stop bleeding?  Is it from the media that says I must be this thin and have just the right amount of curves?  What about the blog that exemplifies the perfect family and I beat myself up because I know we fall short everyday?  Although all of these things may have happened and feel real, they are not truth.


"But now, this is what the Lord says - He who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you: I have summoned you by name; you are mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.  For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy one of Israel, your Savoir...You are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you...Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west...everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made...You are my witnesses, declares the Lord, and my servant whom I have CHOSEN, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He."  Isaiah 43:1-10 {Paraphrased & emphasis added}


"For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.  In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will- to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves."  Ephesians 1:4-6

 
Truth is He had you and me in mind before the creation of the world.  He formed us and chose us to be His adopted children.  He CHOSE us.  He knew we would be messy and far from perfect so He came to be our redeemer and savoir because we are precious and honored in his sight.


 Once we base our identity on truth, bending low and humbly serving becomes a joy not a burden.  The dishes, changing diapers, whiping off scraped knees, mopping floors, mountain of math problems and eversts of laundry we can enter into His presence even here because this, this is where He has placed me and you for this time.   


You and I, we were thought of and created, given a purpose and we will one day return to our creator.

  
Let us rebuke the lies.

Cling to the TRUTH.

Live out the purpose.

 

1 comment:

Sandy Angle said...

You are a blessing Jennie...love your blogs...they bring perspective to our lives and make me think and pray to be a better person and draw closer to God! I love you and your precious family! <3