Monday, February 11, 2013

An Eruption in the Kitchen

In our History we've been studying ancient Pompeii and other ancient civilizations that were so devastated by volcanic activity.  Of course then in science we've tried to understand volcano's and how they occur.  Last week we decided it was time for our own eruption...in the kitchen.

Jeff had bought some plaster of paris several years ago at a school action and we found a way to use some of it.   

Sculpting the Volcano over a water bottle.

Yucky hands that had to be washed outside by the very cold garden hose.

Excitement. 


My hard working crew!  So thankful they didn't mind getting their hands dirty!

Just for fun!  :)  I love these kiddos!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I love the last photo the best!!!! Love watching and hearing about all that you are learning! Grandma Nana

Renee said...

Looks like you are having fun learning!! I love it! I agree with your mom - that last photo is adorable! Love you!!

bRiDgEt said...

They are hilarious!!! I love these kids with my whole heart!!