Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Post-Election and My Resolve

Like so many of you, I woke up Wednesday morning with a heavy heart and even fearful of what is to come.  It opened my eyes to see the heart's of the majority.  It has caused us to ask ourselves hard questions and it has also given us courage to roll up our sleeves and be busy with the Lord's work.



1.)  I am resolved to daily rid our lives and homes of the leaven that has the potential to slowly but surely deteriorate our minds...our homes...and ultimately our nation.  It's easy to become relaxed in certain areas; a book from a garage sale or a movie that was given to our children, but we must be steadfast and set our affections on things that are true, pure, noble, admirable, lovely, anything that is praiseworthy {Philippians 4:6-9}.

"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.  For you died and your life is now hidden with Christ in God."  Colossians 3:2-3
 2.)  I am resolved to pray for my children even more, that Christ will be glorified in their lives.  That God will draw them to himself and give them the courage they need to stand against a powerful current. 


3.)  I am resolved to not waist my time on the frivolous and things that will leave them feeling empty, but to pour into my loved ones the way the truth and the life {John 3:14:6}.  I am resolved to gird them with the full armor of God so that they may stand firm against the evil one {Ephesians 6:13-18}.

Oh Father, help us to be faithful raising soldiers for your army.  Keep our eyes set on your kingdom.

"We build nations by building our homes."  Kelly Crawford

1 comment:

Havilah Angle said...

Jennie...I am 100% agreement w/the entirety of your post. May He be our continual strength and find us faithful in all our daily decisions...both big and small. Sending love from our home to yours...