Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My Help Comes From The Lord


I arise from another nights rest and without much warning I quickly realize that I am once again facing a battle.  This battle is very familiar to me, yet never one that I welcome with open arms.  My flesh screams and joy seems to disappear.  My vision becomes blurred and hope seems too far to reach.  The peace that I long for my home is often replaced with bad attitudes and anger {remember, I set the tone here}. 

Giving of ones self over and over again isn't always easy, especially when one doesn't feel like themselves, but God is always there ready to equip us with what we need to keep going and to do it well.  This morning I took some time to look back over old journal entries for encouragement.  As these words nourish my own soul, perhaps they can do the same for another.

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak."  Isaiah 40:29

"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."  Hebrews 13:5

"God holds us in the untamed moments too."  Ann Voskamp

"While I may not always feel joy, God asks me to give thanks in all things, because He knows that the feeling of joy begins in the action of thanksgiving."  Ann Voskamp

"He must become greater; I must become less."  John 3:30

"Remain in me and I will remain in you."  John 15:4

"Offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship."  Romans 12:1

"Put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator."  Col. 3:10

"I am nothing by myself and yet everything in God."  A.W. Tozer

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith."  Hebrews 12:2

"The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are LIFE." John 6:63 

"My soul thirst for God, for the living God."  Psalm 42:2

"The Lord is my helper."  Hebrews 13:6



No comments: