Saturday, September 15, 2012

Celebrations

I meant to post this last week, but life has a way of keeping me busy.  I do enjoy blogging and I try to purpose time for it.  I pray that my children will one day be blessed by my efforts to keep it going.  With everything extra curricular, I had to set up guidelines for my blogging time.  I had to learn this the hard way.  No blogging when children are awake.  Period.  So if it is important enough then I can stay up late or blog in the wee hours of the morning. 

Now that I strayed away from the purpose of this post, let me come back to say that we had several reasons to celebrate over the last few weeks.  One being my 35th birthday.  The children are so thoughtful and worked so hard to make it special for me.  The week of my birthday they would all congregate on Bailie's bunk to plan and create presents and decorations for my big day.  I could hear them giggling and laughing and then shouts of "Don't look up here, Mom!!!"

I am privileged to share my birthday with my wonderful friend Jerilyn.  Every year we try to have an evening out just the two of us (or nursing babe in tow).  This year, she turned the big 40 so we threw her a little surprise party instead. 


My sweet sisters took me out for lunch.  My youngest sis, Kamie, works at the Dayton Racquet Club as an aerobics instructor and in their accounting department.  So Hollie and I went to her and had a delicious lunch while over looking the city of Dayton.


Later my dear husband surprised me with a dinner at the Versailles Inn.  While we were away the children made a cake for me with Grandma Nana.  Then they called a few close family members and had a 'surprise party' for me when we came home.  I felt very honored by my little ones!



Then five days later came my parents 36th anniversary.  Yep, they didn't get to honeymoon long!  The children, who absolutely love to celebrate, made them a cake and all kinds of gifts.  We didn't have a 3 candle so we used three 1 candles instead.


Thank you children for all of your efforts to make our special days a wonderful celebration!!!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you received my birthday card over e-mail!!! Looks like you had a wonderful day and that many people made it special for you!!! How sweet!

Traci said...

happy belated birthday friend! I love you, your family, your momma' and your poppa'....oh heck, I feel so much love when I think of you!

~ Traci