Thursday, July 19, 2012

He Knows

He goes into his bedroom and returns with an old suitcase.  He stands it on it's side and firmly places an open bible on top.  He then grabs his guitar (or a hand blower for the fire place) and starts to strum and shouts of praises echo through our home (and I do sometimes wonder if the neighbors hears as well).  Then he starts to yell preach to whomever will listen to him. 

Yes...he still uses his shirt as a napkin from time to time.



Then last night as I draw my children near to read to them The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere, he looks up at me with those big gray eyes and asks if I'd read the bible instead. 

He knows!!!  Even though he preaches with the my bible upside down (the one that Sam and a pen had one day found), he knows that this book is the best classic ever written.  He knows that it speaks to the very souls of the sinners that make this house their home.  He knows that in order to be wise he needs to ponder the path of life {Proverbs 5:6} and delight in the law of the Lord, and on his law he should meditate both day and night {Psalm 1:2}.  Well, at least that is what we tell him and in his 5 year old mind, he knows.

When I ask him what he wants to be when he grows up, he answers me and says, "a wise man."  I think that is a worthy goal, and if his affection is still seized by the very word of God, then a wise man he shall one day be.


There is a mighty army
Being trained to stand and fight
A battlefield of soldiers
Learning what is right.

A Company of warriors
That will boldly take the word
To every tribe and nation
Till every soul has heard.

There is a mighty army,
I’ve seen them everywhere;
Most are wearing diapers
And dragging Teddy Bears.

Infants in the training,
Drilled in right and wrong,
Mom and Dad are making
Soldiers brave and strong.

There is a mighty army
Trained in righteous war,
Cheer them on to victory,
Children of the Lord!


2 comments:

Kim said...

Psalm 24:5-6
He will receive blessing from the LORD
and vindication from God his Savior.
Such is the generation of those who seek him,
who seek your face, O God of Jacob.

May Jack seek the Lord with all his heart. May he be the one to lead his generation!

I'm so glad "he knows".

Blessings,
Kim

Mrs. B said...

So, so sweet!! And what a wonderful Godly example you are because 'he KNOWs'!!! Your pictures made me smile!!