Monday, February 27, 2012

The Ministry of Motherhood


"In the end, the measure of my success as a mother will not be how well I have taught my kids or cared for them but whether I have been faithful in helping them respond to God's call on their lives.  Seeing my children develop a heart for God's service and begin to find their own place of ministry in the world is a reachable goal for me as a mother, because God has designed me to fulfill this purpose.  This is the true ministry of motherhood-to usher my children into the living presence of God, to nurture in them a heart for Jesus and the Great Commission he has called each of us to fulfill.  Jesus isn't limited by the personalities of our children or by our own personalities or by our education or life skills or lack of the same.  He is only limited by our trying to do his will our way, in our flesh." 

1 comment:

Kim said...

So true. Leading little hearts to the Lord is the most important. I also know that my flesh can get in the way and destroy what God has planned. I need to be in prayer. Thanks for the encouragment. I think I need to read this book!
Kim