Saturday, January 14, 2012

Vacant


 Vacant - Having no contents; empty; void

 “God created the world out of nothing, and as long as we are nothing, He can make something out of us.”  Martin Luther


"Christ compared His kingdom to things like mustard seeds and yeast.  From tiny humble beginnings great things grow."  Jennie Chancey

Even though my daily list of things to do never seem to get any smaller, He needs me to just be more than he needs me to do.  To be daily emptying myself of me and my expectations that damage relationships.   To descend lower so He may ascend higher.  To be seeking first His kingdom and His righteousness (Mathew 6:33).  To be in a constant state of thanksgiving for all of the gifts He chooses to give. 

Only an empty vessel can truly be filled.

“He must become greater; I must become less.”  John 3:30

This was not spoken for us to look at as burdensome, rather by having more of Him and being sourced by Him (The Vine), our joy might be complete.  (John 15:11)

 “How much larger your life would be if yourself could become smaller in it.”  G.K. Chesterton

 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."  Galatians 2:20
Do I live as though I've been crucified with Christ or do I still act like that freed Israelite still bound by slavery (self)? 

Oh Gracious Heavenly Father, thank you for always leading me back to your Son.  Forgive me Father for allowing too much of me to remain and not becoming completely vacant.  I desire all of you and less of me.    Thank you for grafting me in as your daughter and filling my veins with your living sap that never runs dry.   Thank you Father for sending your Son so that I might have life and have it to the full.

1 comment:

The Adams Family said...

Amen and amen! Speaking my heart lately! Thanks.
PS My recent post even quotes this song "In Christ alone'.
Blessings,! Dana
http://clanchrisdean.blogspot.com