Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Birthday My Little Sam Bo

It was three years ago and I had been up almost every night for days thinking it was time.  Then as I would get up and start to get things ready to leave, the contractions would stop.  With much disappointment, I would return to bed, hoping to get some much needed rest.  Then one morning was different.  Upon rising that morning to get everyone fed, they started up again and became increasingly steady and grew stronger.  I knew this was it.  Oh how excitement flooded my entire being and the joy that helps a mother endure her labor.  Labor that bears LOVE.

These four photos are compliments of my dear friend Traci Smith, who came to our home when Sam was only 10 days old and captured pictures that I will treasure always.  Thank you friend!



I thought for sure that the nurses miss calculated when they told us that you weighed 9lbs 5oz.  That would explain the reason it took you so long to finally find rest in my arms.



You are a very busy little guy!  You were our first child that we had to buy safety latches for the doors to keep you from escaping outside.  You love to be helping somebody, whether it is daddy outside hammering or riding the tractor, or me loading the dryer or unloading the dishwasher.  We find you a lot taking things apart and then trying your hardest to get them back together.  You will probably be a deep thinker and tinker like your father.



You are slowly learning how to share and be a big brother...


These two photos are courtesy of my niece Jessica.

You make mommy very nervous with your lack of fear...


Your swimming abilities dramatically increased this year!  You even encouraged Jack to be more brave.





We are so thankful to God for blessing our family with you!  Our prayer for you is that you will love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul and strength!  We pray that you grow up to be a godly servant of your King and the spiritual leader of your home.  We earnestly await to watch the Spirit of God be poured out upon you.  We love you Sam Bo!!!

2 comments:

bRiDgEt said...

little sam bo is growing up:) i cant wait for the rest of his journey:)!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Happy birthday!!!

What amazing pictures. Really stunning!