Thursday, December 22, 2011

Do You Have Room?

"Each of us is an Innkeeper who decides if there is room for Jesus."  Neal A. Maxwell
My good friend Kim posted this on her blog and our family can't seem to stop talking about it.  Just the very thought that Christ longingly seeks to inhabit our beings is mindbogglingly! His thoughts becoming our thoughts and His ways becoming our ways.  He is a God in the business of Transformation!

I wanted to share some verses that I have been meditating on here of late:

"I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me."  Isaiah 45:5

"For who is God besides the Lord?  And who is the Rock except our God?"  Psalms 18:31

"I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me is no savior."  Isaiah 43:10b

"I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God."  Exodus 20:5b

"God commands us to make Him our absolute priority.  Even attempting to place Him beside those other things we reverence most means dishonoring Him."  Beth Moore (A Heart Like His)

God is searching for Vacancies for His Christ child to dwell.  Do you have room for Him?  Will you be like the Pharisees who were so wrapped up in tradition and the law that they were too full for Christ?  Or will you like Mary, though it turned her life upside down and she knew her reputation and name would never be the same, she said, "I am the Lord's servant, May it be to me as you have said." (Luke 1:38)

I personally long to be the womb of Christ, to feel the growing pains and have the soul stretch marks that come with LIFE TRANSFORMATION!  Lord, YES, stretch me.  Dwell within me!