Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Day I Became A Mommy

Bailie,  11 years ago today, you made me a mommy!  It was something that I had dreamt about for as long as I can remember.  I absolutely loved babies and now,  God had given me one of my very own.  You will never know how overjoyed I was when I finally got to hold you in my arms.  At lease until God makes you a mommy. :)



You had a rough start and inhaled meconium which gave you pneumonia.  I remember daddy coming into my room and showing me a video he had taken of you in the nursery while the nurses where doing chest x-rays.  He told me that they will have to keep you in the NICU for at least 7 days and you will have to be on oxygen.

My heart sank!  I was so naive and hadn't even given a thought to the possibility that something would go wrong.  I guess none of us are ever truly prepared for a situation like that.

I went down to the nursery as often as I could to visit you.  You only had to be on oxygen less than 24 hours.  I finally got to hold you when you were 19 hours old.  It was the best feeling in the world.  You seemed to recognize our voices right away and relaxed into our arms.



You were beautiful!  You seemed to look exactly like Daddy and Grandma Warner.  I even remember thinking 'How can I carry her for 9 months and you look nothing like me?'  We were able to bring you home on Thanksgiving Day.  Now we always have something special to be extra thankful for.



You have taught me so much and God has grown me right along with you.  What a journey motherhood is!



You are a delight to everyone you know.  God has given you the gift of encouragement...like Joseph who is called Barnabas {which means son of encouragement}, that you have been reading about in your bible quizzing.  You always try to see the good in others.



You are a tremendous helper to me!  Every time we brought home a new baby, you were thrilled, even if it meant more work for you {of course you never saw it as work}.  When we told you that we were expecting Maddie you cried tears of joy.  I always tell you how good of a mother you are going to make one day.  You have had lots of practice.  :)




And now you're 11 and one of my closest and dearest friends.  I cherish our time together and our heart to heart talks.   Thank you so much for your grace with me over the years.  You are such a beautiful young lady both inside an out!  Our prayer for you is that you will fall deeply in love with your Father in heaven and serve Him with your whole heart all the days of your precious life.  We love you Bailie Mae.
Happy Birthday to my big girl!

7 comments:

Kamie said...

OMW...You have made me CRY! Thank you for sharing these pics. Sometimes you forget what they looked like as little kids. Happy Birthday BMW! I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Brenda said...

When daddy was to go to the NICU to see you for the first time, mommy was so very tired, so she asked me to go with daddy...we got to your little bed and your eyes were wide open and your head was turning back and forth and your arms and legs were shaking, you were so frightened.
Daddy stuck two of his fingers down and rubbed them across your arm and started talking..."Bailie, it's Daddy, I'm here honey!" Your legs and arms relaxed, your chest relaxed and your eyes closed as you went to sleep...I stood there and cried because it was so obvious you knew him just by his voice. God is so good to us to give us and let us keep you in our family. We will always be blessed by our little Bailie Mae!

Brenda said...

By the way Bailie, you will always be my first granddaughter and I will never forget that...I love you so much!
Grandma Nana

Homestead Living said...

You both are making me cry!

Janelle said...

Miss Bailie! We were all so excited for you to be born, but none so much as your mama! You were a beautiful, precious baby and you are a wonderful young lady now, and just as beautiful as you were then. Happy Birthday Bailie!

kelly said...

oh dear...us angle girls...i'm balling like a baby!! =)
Happy birthday, Bailie!!! we love you and you are so special to us and especially Kierstyn!!!!! <3

Kelsey Treon said...

Ahh! I cry every time I read one of your posts. You remind me how lucky and how blessed we all truly are. Thank you for helping me to stay on track! Your family is so beautiful, and I can't wait to start my own some day. :)