Thursday, October 20, 2011

Oh, How He Loves Me...


I dream with my son and tell him that when he grows up, he will be a hard worker like his father and a wise husband to his wife and a good daddy to his own children.  He then grabs a hold of me tightly and whimpers, "but I don't want to get married.  I would miss you mommy.  Do I have to get married?"  Me, knowing full well that the Lord can change his mind, responds with, "Of course you don't have to.  You can stay and live with Daddy and I as long as you want."  

He then reminds the girls today, as they were dreaming of their futures, that he is not going to get married.  He wants to live with momma until she is a grandma. *heart all warm*

I have heard it said that a man only has room in his heart for one woman.  I know the day might come when he is ready to give his heart to another, but for right now that lucky woman is me, and I will cherish his love as long as I can!

5 comments:

Jerilyn Lowe said...

I love being the mother of boys!!!!! I'm so glad God blessed you with that special relationship, too. You have some gorgeous little guys to love on!

The Adams Family said...

Precious moments! My 5 year old hugged me the other day and said 'Mommy I want to marry you when Im big', So sweet!

kelly said...

aaawwww, jenn(*tears*) i agree, boys are special. =)

Traci said...

Oh, my friend, aren't we blessed? Valerie, when she was about six, expressed similar concerns and I said the same thing. "You can stay with me as long as you want to." And now Jaden and I have the same talk. Such a great answer for those concerned little hearts.

Jack is getting so very big. In the last picture he is looking so mature!

Praying that Jack and Kevin give God lots and lots of time to help them find the perfect mate for them because I too love that Kev's heart is mine.

Wait until Jack's almost as tall as you are and he's still trying to bury himself into you as if he's small and squeezing with everything he has. One of life's greatest joys.

I love and miss you friend.

Traci

Kamie said...

Awwww!!! Love you Jackson! You are so sweet! I hope you always stay that sweet!