Monday, October 3, 2011

For The Love of Burlap

I've been in a crafty kind of mood lately.  Bridget came over this past weekend and I thought it would be the perfect time to get creative since I had an extra pair of hands.  We tag-teamed crafting and keeping the house picked up.  Thanks again Bridget!!!

I have been searching for a wreath for some time now and haven't found one that I really liked.  After searching the web for some inspiration, I decided to make my own.



The flowers were surprisingly easy to make.  You can find a tutorial for them here.


Bridget and Bailie made this while I was sewing some curtains.  Here is the tutorial on how to make roses from burlap. 


The last burlap craft for the day was curtain tiebacks.  Again, super easy but it sure did add a little charm to these $2.00 linen curtains I picked up at a garage sale.

These flowers can be used for so many different things and used with different kinds of material.  We made some and attached clips for the girls hair and added one to a diaper bag.  I've seen them used to make headbands, necklaces and added to a plain t-shirt.

Hope you have fun crafting!

2 comments:

kelly said...

i love all your creative creations!! =)

laura said...

oh fun! love them all!