Monday, September 19, 2011

Thirteen Years Ago Today...

We walked down an aisle as two individuals, young and full of hopes and dreams.  


The day was beautiful and hot, unlike the weather we have today.  It rained in the morning and I started to worry a bit, but the rain stopped and some of our precious family and friends wiped down the chairs that had already been set out. 



We had waited and counted down the days until it was finally here.  As soon as I rounded the corner of the building and saw you, my heart began to pound hard.  Watching the little girls dance in front of me, leaving their trace of rose peddles behind them, helped me catch my breath again. 



I couldn't wait to be close to you, to be hand in hand while all of our witnesses looked on.  Your eyes were so kind.  I knew you were nervous too, but as soon as we were able to touch, all of our fears disappeared.  


You ended the ceremony and started our union with a beautiful prayer.  Then we were introduced as ONE, Mr. and Mrs. Jeffrey Warner.  How honored I was to be your wife!


And now, thirteen years later, God has blessed us more than we could ever have imagined!  Our dreams back then don't even come close to His out pouring of gifts.  

Yes, we've had some 'for better or worse' in there, and we are still learning to give unselfishly.  We are learning together how to parent our children He has gifted us with.  Just when we think we may have mastered it...he opens our eyes again to see just how far away from mastery we are.  
With all of this failing, surrendering, and trying to have a teachable spirit,  there is nothing in the world that still comforts me like your touch and encouragment.  I am still so proud to be your wife!!!


This marriage certificate isn't just a piece of paper to us.  It is our commitment to each other before God and our family and friends that we are committed to one another through this journey of life here on earth.  I'm so thankful that God chose to give me you!  

Happy Anniversary!!!

7 comments:

kelly said...

happy anniversary, jeff & jennie!! i still remember that day well. love you guys!!! =)

Homestead Living said...

I sure am glad you finally gave in and went to the 4th of July carnival that night!!!
I love you both dearly...Mother

laura said...

Happy Anniversary! May God bless you with many more years together!

Janelle said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sandy said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO TWO OF THE MOST SPECIAL PEOPLE I KNOW AND LOVE!!!
Wishing you many, many more and God's blessings!!
Love you!

Angela said...

Woo hooo! Happy Anniversary... what a journey huh =) life is such a blessing, sorry it's a day late, but hope you had a very blessed day! Angie

Momma of 4 said...

Happy Anniversary, to the both of you!!