Monday, July 11, 2011

Gentleness

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."  Col. 3:12

"Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness."  1Tim. 6:11b

"Let your gentleness be evident to all."  Phil. 4:5

"A gentle answer turns away wrath."  Prov. 15:1a

"Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."  1Peter 3:4

Oh Father,  please continue to transform my inner being into the likeness of your Son.  Give me the strength to respond gently to every circumstance.  May my gentleness be evident to all, including my children.  I thank you for never leaving me where I am, but continually transforming my mind and heart to see my need for change.  May I never tier of learning your ways.