Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are mothers.  I hope your day is full of love from your dear ones.

Right now I want to give a special thank you to my own precious mother.  You have always been there for us girls; leading us by your example, helping to shape our character, challenging us to be more & encouraging us to keep on.  You raised us well and gave us a good foundation of what a Christ follower was all about.  You would and still will drop anything for anyone of us.  You show us what true servant hood is.  I was and am still very proud to be your daughter.   Since I was very young I hoped to grow up and be just like you.  :)  Thank you so much for pouring yourself into our lives and for giving of yourself unselfishly.  Today I rise up and bless you.  

I also want to thank my grandmother for your unconditional love for your family, and what a large family you have.   Thank you for your patience with me during canning season when I call with my questions (I have started to write things down).  Thank you for all of your yummy recipes and for your kind answers to all of my inquiries.  Thank you for always praying for us.  You too have showed me so much even just by your example.

This was taken 3 nights ago at a mother and daughter banquet.  This is my mother on the left (isn't she just beautiful!) and her mother, my grandmother on the right.  We also had my sister's two girls with us that evening.

Next I would like to honor my Mother-in-law Janie.   She is a wonderful cook.  Jeff and I lived with them the first three months of our marriage and I was able to learn so much from her.  She is always good to help when I need her.  She enjoys one on one time with our children, but the more we have, it's more like 3 on 1.  :)  She takes the children to story hour, Bruckner Nature Center, Boonshoft or just lets them come over and bead or work on sewing projects.  I am so thankful for the time that she invested into my husband.  He is a fine man!   Thank you Janie for your unselfish time and energy that you pour into your family.

Although this is an older picture.  I just love it.  This is our eldest son with her.  He is now 4.






Happy Mothers Day to you all!  We love you dearly!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Jennie, what a beautiful tribute...no mother could be prouder of the Mother that you have turned out to be. God is so good that in spite of our meager efforts, He turns out beautiful people. I am blessed every time my mind leads me to you, or when I watch you mother the beautiful babies He has trusted you with, or when I watch you honor your husband, and when I see you with your friends and sisters, and watch you pour out your love on them. You have added so much love and honor and grace to our family and I am the one who feels very honored to be your mother...I love you to the moon and back!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I LOVE the generation picture! Precious!

Happy Mother's Day to you, too!! I hope you have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Stacie

Janelle said...

Very sweet post. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!