Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Daily Service

Oh how I’ve balked at the insignificant sacrifices, those that press hard, that seem so trivial but cost so much, those that no one sees or cares about, those that seem to have no glory in them. The every day ones that fill the life of a mommy.
 To read the rest of this posting visit Raising Homemakers

Lord, thank you for the opportunity to daily, even hourly serve you by pouring myself into my loved ones.  With ever diaper change, kissing of boo boos, and nursing back to health.  Even though your eyes are the only ones that see.  May it be pleasing to you.  Please help teach me to do these things with a joyful heart and remember that I am doing them as unto you, Father.
~Jennie


3 comments:

kelly said...

thanks jenn!! i love this reminder to all moms!! love ya!! =)

Laura said...

What a beautiful prayer! It seems sometimes motherhood can be a thankless job until those precious times each day when your little one runs into your arms and says, "I love you mommy." Just think how pleased the Lord must be when we stop complaining and run into his arms and say, "I love you Lord....thank you for all you have given me."

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Do everything as unto the Lord! Great post and what a wonderful prayer that I echo for myself.

Blessings,
Stacie